The term “aglio-olio” is Italian, and simply stands for “garlic and oil” . In Italian cooking, it is usually used for Spaghetti prepared with garlic, chili and extra virgin olive oil. Here we have adopted this recipe for our “arlet” gourmet seafood mix. Easy to prepare and full of fresh and natural flavors !
- 500g “arlet” gourmet seafood mix
- A generous amount of extra virgin olive oil (the bottom of the frying pan well covered)
- 4 -5 garlic cloves – chopped
- A dash of white wine (optional)
- A sprinkle of chili flakes
- Salt & pepper (preferably coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper)
- ½ fresh lemon
- Chopped parsley
Defrost the arlet gourmet seafood mix in a colander – and reserve the draining liquid.
Dry the seafood with a kitchen towel
Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet, add the chopped garlic and fry until fragrant and light golden in color.
Add the chili flakes and the arlet gourmet seafood mix. Sauté on high heat for one minute, then add the reserved liquid, an optional dash of white wine and reduce by about 2/3on high heat.
Season with salt and pepper and squeeze fresh lemon juice
Turn off the heat and toss with a generous amount of freshly chopped parsley
Note: for best result – work with high heat to keep the cooking process as short as possible to avoid overcooking of this premium seafood product.